Friday, 18 November 2016

Dress by Renée of Croydon


Back in October I was looking through the racks in my favourite local charity shop when I spied a rather curious looking striped dress sandwiched between the usual Per Una and Atmosphere. Actually it was the floral fabric that drew my attention first, as I thought "That's not modern, it looks old", so I quickly grabbed it off the rail before anyone else did!







I tried it on and luckily it fitted, so that sealed the deal.

Looking the style, I think the dress might date from the 1940s, especially with the puffed sleeve heads and the shoulder pads stitched into it. Its been altered quite a bit and the seams need some attention, but that doesn't bother me.

I do love it especially the flowery bands of fabric edged with velvet ribbon and its got a fab swirly skirt. This must be one of my best buys in a long time!



12 comments :

  1. Goodness me, that is beautiful. What a wonderful find. I can just imagine how excited you were to unearth that incredible dress in a sea of Primarni & George at Asda.
    I bet Renee of Croydon was an incredible boutique back in the day. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was so excited - that fact that it fitted was a bonus too! xx

      Delete
  2. That is a stunner! What a great find and it's perfect on you.XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers m'dear :-D Its about time that I found something decent; havent had any vintage clohing finds for ages before this turned up! xx

      Delete
  3. What a magnificent dress! an amazing find. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miss M - though not the ideal of dresses to mosh in! xx

      Delete
  4. What a fabulous find, and you're looking fantastic in it. Well done, you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks for such a lovely comment :-D xx

      Delete
  5. Wow, that is gorgeous
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie, it was a lucky find indeed xx

      Delete
  6. That looks fab! It's amazing how some prints just leap out at you, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mim - yes youre right there about prints.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog; I do enjoy reading each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...