Wednesday, 13 July 2016

Stacking Up


I brought yet another Pyrex snowflake pattern dish to add to the collection last week.

Call me sad, but I was really excited when I found it on the charity shop's kitchenware shelf especially as its in one of my favourite colours: turquoise. It had the added bonus of an intact glass lid too and all for a bargainous £2.00 - sound!


Another buy was this stoneware ink bottle that's ideal for displaying some of the garden's finest blooms so far. When I used to be a frequenter of Victorian bottle-dumps many years ago, these always used to crop up. There is definitely a stoneware theme here as a few days later along came another piece of stoneware - a jelly mould with a grape design...



... I've decided to use it as a candle stand in the kitchen. It was from the same charity shop as the ink bottle, so I wonder if they were donated by the same person?

Sewing-wise, I'm trying to finish a 1970s maxi dress as part of #VintagePledge2016


I can't share any details with you yet, as the dress is going to be featured on Kestrel Makes' blog at the end of this month - no panic!!! 


Finally, I've uploaded another three 1940s knitting patterns for you. Just click onto the 'Vintage Patterns' page at the top of the blog and they'll be listed there with a link to download a pdf file.



Enjoy!




11 comments :

  1. Love your charity shop finds. I t was good to have the lid too as well.

    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie - yes, it was lucky to find the lid intact xx

      Delete
  2. Oh I so love a vintage Pyrex dish. Those snowflake ones are wonderful. Nice colours, too. Looking forward to seeing the finished maxi dress! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mum still has her snowflake Pyrex that was her wedding present from the 1950s :-) xx

      Delete
  3. Luscious bit of Pyrex, lovely. I do love Snowflake design. I do love stoneware too, and those blooms look perfect in that one. Can't wait to see your maxi.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers m'dear. This year's blooms have been far better than I expected - I put it down to the weather rather than my green fingers! xx

      Delete
  4. I inherited some of those pyrex dishes and sadly broke one last month due to slippery fingers. They are great-looking aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noo! What a shame about your broken one - you'll have to look out for another one to replace it xx

      Delete
  5. Fantastic pyrex find. I have the same dish although sadly it doesn't have the glass lid. It looks very at home stacked with your other snowflake pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been looking at all the Pyrex collections on Pinterest and that's inspired me! xx

      Delete
  6. Hey, I found a teeny snowflake bowl in a chazza today, and immediately thought of you. Email your address to me (crinolinerobot AT yahoo DOT com) and I'll pop it in the post on Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog; I do enjoy reading each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...