Thursday, 16 June 2016

Cinderella Syndrome


Cinderella Syndrome: that sinking feeling you have when you find the most gorgeous pair of shoes and the blighters don't fit.

Yes, I had to leave these platform beauties on the shelf last week. I crammed my size 6 hooves in these size 5 shoes and had to take a sharp reality check. Okay they 'fitted' (albeit after a significant amount of squeezing), but there was absolutely no way that I could comfortably wear them without ending up with blisters, corns and hammer toes.

Feast upon their lost beauty dear friends...


...I hope their new owner gets as much pleasure wearing them as I would have done *sob*.

But on a brighter note, I did end buying a 1970s Jeff Banks peasant-style blouse for £2.50. I could do with a few more buys like this please! As Husband wasn't around to take some photos, I've had to make do with a few selfies:


Its got the most amazing collar detail, with a cut-out button band neck that reminds me of a choker.



So what else did I buy on my charity shop travels? 

A modern cuff, which suits me fine as I like chunky, bold jewellery - accessorised below with a bespoke loom band bracelet courtesy of Haus of Monkeychild Designs... 


...and a Pyrex covered dish and enamel measuring jug.


The Pyrex dish must have been given away as a promotional item for Blue Band margarine back in the '70s. I can remember Mum using the original plastic containers with the same daisy pattern on them, to hold her cactus plants in. They were all aligned in a row on our porch shelf.

Its funny how the smallest thing can jog your memory.



21 comments :

  1. Ooh pretty blouse! Also, what is it with charity shops and size 5 shoes?! I feel like every nice pair I find are always two sizes too small, boo ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, its the same with me. Shoes are either in too small a size or really big! Then the ones I don't like are probably all in my size!

      Delete
  2. Ooooh...such lovely shoes; a bugger that they didn't fit. Face with the same dilemma, I keep trying shoes on as if a size will somehow fall away and they will fit.
    till that's a lovely blouse. Gorgeous detailing.
    Like the Pyrex too. Who doesn't love a bit of Pyrex.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheer m'dear for the comment. Yes, I love the Pyrex. There can't be household in Blighty that doesn't have it!

      Delete
  3. That's such a shame about the shoes but the blouse is awfully pretty. I've long since given up looking at the shoes xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie. Its not often that I come across a pair of vintage shoes that fit :-(

      Delete
  4. Great finds but such a shame about the shoes.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a Jeff Banks design! That blouse deffo makes up for the disappointment with the platforms! Gorgeous selfie too, you stunner.
    That cuff is ace! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix. When I 'googled' Jeff Banks photos some of your came up too, so I guess you've got some lovely things too

      Delete
  6. Oh yes - those tubs, my mum had Bizzie Lizzies in hers. Love those shoes.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd completely forgotten about those tubs until I saw the Pyrex - its all so vivid now my memory's been jogged!

      Delete
  7. Wow those shoes are rather fabulous, what a bugger they didn't fit. The blouse was a terrific find though and I love your enamel measuring jug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona. I'm going to use the jug for flowers - I love how rustic it looks :-)

      Delete
  8. That blouse was a good find!

    I've reluctantly conceded that I'm never going to stretch one pair of shoes I bought enough to fit. It is gutting when shoes won't fit, isn't it? (Solution: buy other shoes!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about stretching them, but decided that the amount of stretching they need would probably ruin them! Love your solution though!

      Delete
  9. Oh, what a shame about the shoes. With me it's usually the other way around and I find shoes which are way too big. I love the blouse and the pyrex dish. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - second hand shoe buying is a funny old game isn't it? The dream shoes are never in the right size :-(

      Delete
  10. I've got a pair of lush shoes I got on eBay for a lot of money but they squash my feet up to much so they will have to go sadly.
    Your blouse is a great find and one I would have gone for too
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Lynn - shame about your shoes too :-(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those shoes are fantastic! I'm so gutted for you that they didn't fit.

    That little pyrex dish is adorable, I don't think I've seen that print before.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog; I do enjoy reading each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...