Monday, 8 June 2015

New Finds: A Catch Up



Just thought that I'd do a catch up post about some of my recent charity shop finds, starting with the above 1960s 'Frenzy' talc tin. I love some of the designs on old talc tins, especially the highly decorative floral ones; yet the Goya tin only cost a quid and looks good in the bathroom placed next its Cussons cousin; the talc still smells scented too.

This Modernist articulated pendant caught my eye in a jewellery display last Friday whilst I was doing a quick run of my local shops. Its design just shouted out at me and I noticed that it was signed on the back - often a sign of a quality piece. Once home I did some online research and found out that the 'EH 47' is the mark of a designer called Eivind Hillestad. I've been wearing it ever since and its soon becoming a favourite; it looks good teamed with a modern silver-plated cuff that was another charity shop buy a few weeks ago.



I've tried to restrict my crockery collecting tendencies over the past year or so, but I can't resist a bargain - so these '50s Poole Twintone seagull and lime coloured pieces came home with me. They had to really, as the lime matches my kitchen walls. Also, cornflakes are more appetising when eaten out of stylish bowls such as these! 

My Mum makes me laugh, she says "Why don't you buy some nice new plates?" 
"But Mum, they're new to me!"



You know the saying that goes something along the lines of "You wait for one bus and then two come along at once"? Well, I think this can be applied to my growing collection of Rowan knitting magazines too. Remember back in March when I found some great early issues? Well, I've come across a few more since then, which I reckon is quite odd as they've turned up in random Gloucestershire charity shops and also up north in Preston. I'm not complaining though. Have any of you had a similar thing happen?





9 comments :

  1. Gorgeous items! I love vintage too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the pendant and cuff. Fab finds.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the crockery. Just my colour.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pendant! I'm wild with envy. What an incredible find. i don't think I'd ever take it off.
    The talc tins are stunning. I saw one on a car boot stall recently but they wanted £28! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those tins! I have a bit of a thing for tins, and like your crockery I have to restrict myself from buying so many!

    Www.pearlsandpurlsvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love an old tin! Goya was a real favourite of mine as a kid/teen.
    That Norwegian pendant is a real beauty, lucky you to find it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I love Rowan magazines, excellent find! I'll need to keep my eyes open for them in future :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a friend who collects modernist jewellery, she'd be really envious of your pendant.

    Your mum's comment about your plates made me laugh. Mine's the same about my vintage dresses, she said 'But you always complained about wearing jumble sale clothes as a child!'

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the tin can and yes the dishes are new to you. They are also really cute too.I love shopping and charity shops, you never know what treasures you will find.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog; I do enjoy reading each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...