Saturday, 10 January 2015

New Year Stitches


I was feeling in the sewing mood the other day but didn't want to start anything 'big', so I thought that I'd sew a quick cushion cover - we all know that you can never have too many cushions! Searching through the stash I found some bold 1950s novelty print fabric that I'd been saving for such a project.

 

The one thing I love about cushion covers is that they're so easy to make and even if you're not keen about sewing in a zip, you can plump for buttons or just a simple yet effective envelope opening. 


I had it stitched up in no time at all and here's the final item, puffed up and ready to be sprawled upon:


By the way - do you remember Monkeychild's Just William pullover?  Well, I've finished the back *cue gasps of surprise* and am now onto the front. My tension went a bit off as you can see, but I'm hoping that'll come out when I block it - fingers crossed!



11 comments :

  1. That fabric! That cushion cover is a triumph. Bet you were scared getting the scissors to it. xxx
    PS Cheers for the book recommendation. That sounds right up my street! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a great sewist myself but I can manage a cushion cover...envelope style. Fabulous fifties fabric and the knitting is amazing...tension, are you joking?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that fabric, your cushion cover looks lovely. Also impressed with your knitting patience, that pullover will look great

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful print, your cushion looks great. As does your knitting - I see no evidence of wonky tension! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous print and I do love a cushion. I adore the Just William pullover, flippin' lovely work. Can't wait to see it finished.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cushion looks great, but the back looks fantastic, (takes a long time doesn't it).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous fabric made into a snuggly cushion cover, love it. Fair isle is on my to do list this year, you've motivated me after seeing the "just william" jumper can't wait to see it finished x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pullover is fabulous - can't wait to see the finished piece (no pressure...)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That fabric is awesome! Love the pullover progress too, the colours look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Singer! I'm this close to breaking out the old Singer I have as my newer machine has a poorly pedal and is unusable. Fab cushion cover too. I have a 50's curtain with a honking great hole in it which I'd ideally love to turn into a skirt but I'm too scared to touch it!

    I'm so impressed with your knitting xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog; I do enjoy reading each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...