Tuesday, 7 October 2014

Lurex Replay

A couple of weeks ago Vix posted about the fabulous cache of bargains she and Jon found when they went on one of their charity shop jaunts. Amongst their finds was a gorgeous leopard print lurex maxi, which unfortunately for Vix didn't fit her. However I thought might it fit me, which was what I was hoping for as I had fallen in love with its lurex loveliness. Apart from it being a maxi, its leopard print too which is always a winner in my book as I'm quite happy to channel my inner Bet Lynch.

Anyway, after a quick Facebook chat with Vix I found out that it was my size and in a few days time the maxi found itself a new owner: me!

So I thought I'd do a quick outfit post to celebrate its Seventies glory and also as a 'Thanks' to Vix for sharing the lurex love.


Maxi skirt: Kinky Melon
Top: New Look
Tooled leather bag: eBay
1970s 'Avon' pendant: eBay
1950s 'Corot' gilt charm bracelet: Etsy
Stack heel boots: Oasis


5 comments :

  1. It looks lovely. I love a bit of leopard and lurex too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so envious! It looks incredible on you and accessorised to perfection. Its found it's rightful home! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're looking luscious in lurex (how's that for some terrible alliteration?) and I love the way you've styled your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember that lurex beauty from Vix's post, and it certainly looks absolutely fantastic on you! Good old Kinky Melon, the best vintage retailer around! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The whole outfit looks really good together or 'grand' as Bet Lynch would have said but your top is probably a bit too modest for what was her character.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog; I do enjoy reading each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...