Sunday, 3 August 2014

Seventies Shift


Well, I've finished sewing the shift dress I mentioned in my previous post and have to say that I'm really pleased with how its turned out.

I used a 'Vogue: Very Easy' shift pattern from the 1970s and it was true to its word, being extremely simple to construct and with only seven pieces to cut out and sew.

The dress' plus points are two big patch pockets, the large scooped neckline, short sleeves and well-placed darts, which give it a bit of shape. The only drawback is the back of the neck doesn't fit as close as I'd like it to, but that's not a big problem really.

I can see myself re-visiting this pattern again soon as this could well be a wardrobe staple from summer through to autumn. Now, what fabric should I use next?.......



10 comments :

  1. Lovely job, it looks gorgeous as do you. I'm all over shift dresses at the moment...can't get enough of them.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that dress!
    Julie xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty dress for a pretty lady! Great job and it looks lovely on you. The pattern would look great in a winter-weight too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really comfy, and it definitely suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully 70's, you look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks absolutely bosting on you, love the fabric. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colour on you, and the pockets are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks brilliant on you.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely dress, looks perfect for the summer x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this VK! Especially the patch pockets. I have plans for a patch pocket dress as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog; I do enjoy reading each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...