Wednesday, 18 September 2013

Return of the Knitting Mojo

For the past few months I had found it hard to stick to a single knitting project. I flitted between projects, picking up the needles and knitting a few inches on each, then consigning them all back into the knitting drawer - out of sight, out of mind. Being a slow knitter doesn't help either, especially when you see people whipping up lovely knitted creations in no time at all.

So, I decided to pare things back and solely work on one project that would be a nice and easy repetitive knit, and I found it in the Missoni Falls Cowl on Ravelry. Not only did it turn out to be perfect tv knitting but a great stash-buster too, using up all those oddments of 4ply leftover from my numerous armwarmers. The chevron pattern is so easy and knitting it in the round meant that it was knit stitch all the way - bonus!

Now the knitting mojo has returned, I'm on the lookout for a nice new, fresh project and hopefully I won't fall back into my old ways!



7 comments :

  1. That is gorgeous and very Missoni-esque, too! You model it beautifully! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's stunning. Beautiful colours and I do love chevrons. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cowl. (And your hair looks amazing in that photo!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you've got your mojo back! As Vix says - v Missoni-esque, looks fab!

    www.mancunianvintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have too many unfinished garments which I blame on me always wanting to start a new project! Your cowl is beautiful, perfect for the autumn chill :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Lovely cheerful colours for winter and even better...your stash is busted!
    What's next?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks brilliant! I love all the colours and chevron pattern. I'm an even slower knit..... I never get round to starting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog; I do enjoy reading each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...