Friday, 17 May 2013

A vintage day out

Remember that lovely Bank Holiday weekend we had a few weeks ago? Well, the VK Family decided to visit the VE Vintage Festival in Evesham and it turned out to be a really great day out. There were lots of vintage clothing stalls dotted about and even Husband was tempted into buying a military trench-coat and khaki homburg style hat. All this was set against a stage with live music and an array of shiny classic cars, both British and American - and you know how much I love my cars! Oh, and there were also a couple of classic caravans there too - one had been kitted out as a tearoom - what a brilliant idea! I've hankered after a caravan since seeing some gorgeous ones at a steam fair a couple of years ago. However, we haven't got any room to put one unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately from Husband's point of view!).



There were some super vintage frocks on offer, but either they weren't in my size or my purse couldn't afford them! However, I did buy a 50s bell skirt  in a lovely floral cotton. I'm not usually a pink person and would have preferred it, if the roses were in lilac or yellow but hey, I can't complain as its such a pretty skirt!





7 comments :

  1. Looks like a really lovely day. Lovely skirt.
    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one very lovely vintage skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great skirt, I'm a fan of pink and green together. Also love the idea of a caravan tearoom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, nice skirt.

    You had a great weekend for the event; the weather hasn't been as good since.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm utterly in love with the skirt! beautiful! The event looks fantastic, I would've drooled over all those lovely cars and the caravan's too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog; I do enjoy reading each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...