Monday, 7 January 2013

VK in VL Magazine!

Here we are in 2013! Blimey, didn't last year fly past so quickly? Anyway, here's wishing you a 'Happy New Year' and I hope that 2013 has started off well for you all. It certainly has for me, as the current issue of Vintage Life Magazine includes not only an article about knitting that I wrote, but also a pattern for a pair of hand warmers that I designed especially for the magazine.


I decided to write an easy pattern for readers who are either new to knitting or have just managed to get used to the basics such as casting on and off, and using stocking stitch. And yes - those are the actual hand warmers in the photos that I knitted for the magazine!

Photos courtesy of Vintage Life Magazine
 I'm always keen to encourage more people to pick up the sticks and get into knitting - its one of the best things I've ever done. Not only have I found a hobby that is immensely satisfying, but I've also made some amazing new friends through the knitters' favourite online hang-out: Ravelry.

By the way, if anyone reading this does knit the hand warmers, please feel free to email me with your feedback as I'd love to know how you've got on and whether you've decided to cross over into the knitty side!

15 comments :

  1. The crochet side is still heavier than the knitty side at the moment. Congrats on having 2 features in the glossy.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knit a number of pairs of wristwarmers for Christmas, with extra long sleeves and bits of blingy button embellishments. They went down very well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't go wrong with wrist warmers IMO!

      Delete
  3. Well done you, how fabulous!! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Will have to check out your piece in the magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Loo, by the way I like your new avatar!

      Delete
  6. Oh I know someone famous!!! Well done and artical and a knititng pattern.

    Where do you get the magazine as it looks interesting. I enjoyed the first episode of Selfridge and interested in reading about WI that is without your artical.

    Sara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Selfridge was good wasn't it? It was a lot better than I anticipated. Oh, and I loved those red leather gloves her gave to Miss Topher!

      Delete
  7. Congratulations VK, all the best for 2013

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jimmy and hope you have a metal-tastic 2013 too

      Delete
  8. Oh congratulations! And what great pattern I love knitting with chunky wool it feels like cheating with all the 4 ply that I end up using!!! Off to subscribe right now, I can put it off no longer, I am clearly missing out on a great mag! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog; I do enjoy reading each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...