Monday, 30 July 2012

Fine fabric finds

I was in a hurry this lunchtime having to pick up a prescription whilst Husband and Monkeychild waited for me in the car, but en route I couldn't resist dropping into a charity shop for a quick look about and I'm soooo glad that I did. Here's what I found:



Two single sheets still in their original St Michael packaging complete with original price £3.99 stickers and I only paid 51p on top of this price! I'm going to keep one for Monkeychild's bed and will use the other for some craft projects. I recently saw this duvet cover appliqued with vintage sheet fabrics and have fallen in love with it, but will have to look out for some similar random pillowcases etc. before I make a start as I don't want to cut up the vintage sheets and duvets that I use on our beds.


If anyone is interested, the duvet project is from Home Sweet Home by Alice Butcher & Ginny Farquhar.

I thought I was on a roll when I discovered the sheets, but then I found these small fabric remnants tucked away. I love the 70s style one with the animals on it; printed on the selvege is 'Spot and Friends, Sanderson', so its a good make. I just wish the remnants were a bit bigger!



It's not over yet, as I also brought this medieval style embroidered antimacassar (I love that word)...


...and mystery two balls of yarn. Why the mystery? I don't recognize them, so if any of you knitters out there can identify their brand I would really appreciate it. The blue/green yarn is aran weight, whilst the multi-coloured one is 4ply.

Any ideas, folks?

19 comments :

  1. Scores! I love the M&S bedding, perfect for Monkeychild and that groovy animal fabric is gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes this cat print fabric is sooooo fabulous! it is love;) really great finds darling!
      kiss,mary

      Delete
  2. Great bedding, and I love the animal fabric.
    I'm pretty sure the yarn is Stylecraft Baby yarn from about four years ago and the pinky one may have been called Cinderella - I think if I remember correctly, or could be King Cole Tutti Fruiti. Both would be same make because it was all the same pattern through the weights
    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, many thanks for the info, Julie.
      :-D

      Delete
  3. Fabulous finds, VK. Love the purple bedding. I'm looking out for sheets/pillow slips in that stylee too in order to make a patchwork duvet cover. Oh what fun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous finds, VK. Love the purple bedding. I'm looking out for sheets/pillow slips in that stylee too in order to make a patchwork duvet cover. Oh what fun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh sorry, didn't mean to post twice. And now three times! I'll go now. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sooo jealous of all that lovely fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabbo finds, especially like the groovy purple sheets and the Sanderson fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh what great finds, I love the purple sheets. I found the yellow version of these and some of the Sanderson fabric in different colours at a car boot on the weekend. The appliqué duvet cover is a lovely idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh the animal fabric is too gorgeous. And I love that M&S design, is there anyone's mum who didn't have these in either pink or yellow?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know I have been somewhere recently which had a cushion made from the Sanderson animal fabric. Grrr, if only I could remember where....!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess what? I re-visited the same shop the next day and found two more larger lengths - lucky or what? I've earmarked some of it for Monkeychild's new PE bag.

      Delete
  11. I have 9 metres of spot and Friends in brilliant condition if you're interested

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KateBee, but I think I'll pass on your kind offer as I'm running out of fabric space!!!

      Delete
    2. I'm searching for Blue Spot and Friends fabric... It's what I had in my nursery as a kid.

      Delete
  12. It was my wallpaper as a kid and my Mum never quite got round to the matching curtains and bedding while I was still young enough

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog; I do enjoy reading each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...