Wednesday, 11 July 2012

Booty Call

Despite the rainy weather, I've got out of bed early on a couple of Sunday mornings recently to see what our local boot sale had to offer. I wish I could chunter on about the amazing finds I've had, but also no. The pickings have been so scare that I was lucky to find the Woods Ware Iris dinner plate and the Beryl sandwich plate.


There's one stall that always has a lot of house clearance stuff. Its a bit sad really as it looks like all the items once belonged to pensioners and when they died, all their belongings were been bundled away and have ended up on the boot sale stall. Call me sentimental, but I find it quite poignant. I had my usual look through and found a couple of metres of plain pink satin rayon and a metre of rayon with a lily-of-the-valley pattern.


I wonder what this material was originally brought for? Someone's wedding trousseau or for a silver screen siren style nightdress? I think I'm going to make a some pyjama shorts and French knickers out of these lengths.

I've been knitting some presents recently; a friend's daughter is coming up to her first birthday, so I've made her a stripey hat for when it gets colder...


 ...and a pair of bootees for another friend who's had her first baby...


I've also found out that I've got a place at a local Christmas market in December, so I think I'm going to start firing up the needles and knitting some stock!

T'raa for now.

10 comments :

  1. Gorgeous knitting.
    Now where was this boot fair..........lucky find with the fabric
    Julie xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think those clearnce stalls or shops are a bit sad too, but I take solace in knowing that the things will come to a good home (mine) where they'll have a new lease of life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fabric is beautiful, love the sound of your plans for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your knitted projects, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those bootees are bloomin' lovely VK!
    I'm most impressed that you're going to make French knickers - will you dare to share the results??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always feel SO sad when I see house clearance stalls :( Although there are some bargains to be had - I like to think i pick my pieces carefully for me and my home (not to re-sell)and that I shall look after them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had to do too many house clearances myself that I don't get sentimental about them although it is lovely if the sellers can tell you something about the person who owned the stuff previously. Liking the plan for your fabric and lusting over that psychedelia underneath your china! Your knitting is gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. aaaw gosh how cute is this hat and the booties ;) you are really a kniting talent darling! adn those cute little heart buttons;)
    kiss,mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Beryl sandwich plate, never seen one of those before. Your knitting is so cute too! I admire anyone who can knit as I get so frustrated with it. I find crocheting easier to follow (only one needle to contend with!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog; I do enjoy reading each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...