Saturday, 28 April 2012

A bird in the hand...


When I found out that super stitcherette Kathleen from Murgatroyd Hoots was going to hold a workshop about making a felt bird brooch I knew I had to sign up....and did I regret it? No way Jose.

Held yesterday within the vintage heaven of a cafe, Cafe Salvation near Ledbury, Kathleen's workshop turned out to be a wonderful and relaxing way to spend a Friday morning, doubly so being in the company of like-minded crafty folk. 

After running through some needlework stitches as a warm up, we were let loose on Kathleen's enviable stashes of felt and needlework silks so that we could choose our birds' colour combos. True to the saying, time did fly when we were having fun and before I knew it, the morning was over and we had over-run into lunchtime. So, I took my bird brooch home to finish off and here he is:


Why not pop over to Murgatroyd Hoots to see us all in action (and concentrating on trying to thread needles!). 

As for me, I can't wait until the next installment!


6 comments :

  1. It's lovely - sounds like the perfect way to spend a morning - crafting and coffee AND run by a blogger at that. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh He looks fun!
    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just put the final stitch to my bird. It will be a lasting reminder of a wonderful morning spent in good company. Lovely to meet you and I hope that we will meet agin at the next one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely to meet you too Angela, and I'm sure we'll be meeting again.

      Delete
  4. He's turned out beautifully VK! I see that there are small hands cupping him...hope you managed to wrestle him back from Monkeychild. Thank you for a lovely write up! See you soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh, he is just too adorable! It sounds like you had a great time learning to make this little bird too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog; I do enjoy reading each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...