Thursday, 22 December 2011

On a plate

I wish I could say that these macaroons were made by me, but alas I can't. My first attempt to make them a few months ago ended in disaster. I thought I'd go for rose flavoured ones with a pink colouring, however I don't think that the skin had formed on them enough before I put them in the oven. They came out very flat and not the little puffy pillows that they're supposed to be; although Monkeychild seemed to like them and requested that I make some more. These brought ones put mine to shame; they were delicious and looked at home on my recent additions to the utility china collection - before they were gleefully devoured.


I brought the two Grindley Peach Petalware plates last weekend and the shot of peach adds a bright touch to my collection, which predominantly consists of blue and green. I don't normally find a lot of this colour utility china about on my trawls and apart from the plates, the only other peach Petalware I have comprises a small milk jug and a bowl.


I have finally completed my Christmas present cake stands and they're now all wrapped up awaiting delivery. I made three in the end, although I collected more plates than I needed; the temptation to buy more plates just couldn't be avoided, especially the really pretty ones.  However, a friend saw them today and mentioned that people are asking her if she has any cake stands on her market stall. So, it looks like I shall be putting the extra ones to good use to make more in the new year and may be booking myself a place at the market too.



This is likely to be my last post for 2011 and when I next return I'll be a year older, a few pounds heavier and none the wiser! So, in the meantime I'll wish you all a Happy Christmas and best wishes for a happy and healthy 2012.

source

17 comments :

  1. The cake stands look brilliant, bet they'll be gratefully received. Maybe next year I'll get round to it...

    Have a lovely Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Merry Christmas to you and yours.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bloody baking. I cant get to grips with it myself. Nevermind, the cake stands are beautiful. Have a fabulous Xmas VK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cakes stands, merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cake stands look great, the mismatched effect is really pretty. I also have very little peach/pink utility ware. I've only come across a few Grindley sideplates like yourself.

    Hope you have a lovely Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas to you and your family VK, hope you have a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your newest Petalware is just peachy!
    Merry Christmas to you too x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your peach china, and the cake stands look really pretty. I think I have some sort of addiction to buying tea things, I'm not supposed to buy any more as DG says we have enough!!! (yeah right!!) X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
    Love the cake stands
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cake stands look fab - Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do I spy Lidl's macaroons? They are delicious, even to me, a self-confessed savoury tooth.
    Love those cake stands & sending you lots of Xmas love. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those cake stands are fab.
    The giveaway parcel arrived safely and I love it all. The blue deer is the star of my tree!
    Have a wonderful Christmas.xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the cake stands. Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cake stands are beautiful! Have an amazing christmas and a very happy new year chickadee :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love macaroons and I'm very good at making some... But, I like to buy some at Ladurée's or at Pierre Hermé's.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post.
    Happy New year!

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog; I do enjoy reading each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...