Saturday, 5 November 2011

Deep Purple

Thank you to everyone who commented on my last post offering pest control advice, cat loan offers and pantry compliments. Husband set out two traps on Thursday night and caught one lone rascal, but we've had nothing since then. We're going to leave them out for a week and if we have no repeat offenders, we'll hope that it was just the one that caused the mess.

Today Archie and I had a jaunt out to a vintage clothing fair held locally. It was really good with a nice selection of what I call 'proper' vintage clothing and accessories. I found three gorgeous maxi dresses at one stall: one made from black and green lurex with a design nod to Ossie Clark, a 60s black kaftan style dress with a diamante neckline and the one in the photos below. Needless to say that the first two didn't fit due to either boobage issues or just being too big; however this '70s does Edwardian' dress fitted like the proverbial glove. So there was one happy VK and one happy stall holder!


Its made from cotton with a suedette trim on the bodice and sleeves and apparently heralds from Finland - those Finns obviously had great taste!


I've accessorized it with a charity shop find pendant, a 70s purple suede bag that I brought from a jumble years ago and a pair of Fly wedge boots, which were an impulsive sale buy last year.


Doesn't Archie make a good backdrop for the photos? He's near enough the same vintage as my dress give a year or two.

19 comments :

  1. oh what a fabulous dress you found,polka dots and blue, i think it couldn´t be more perfect, i love how you paired it with this gorgous wedges and the bag. great outfit darling.
    also would love to see the ossie clark dress!
    wish you a fantastic weekend.
    love and kiss,mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress and bag - BUT I really love ARCHIE
    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab dress :)

    Glad you caught one invader - worth leaving the traps set for a while - hate to say it but they tend to be in groups - think the most our garden ever yielded was 5!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smashing dress VK - think that's probably the nicest maxi dress design I've seen. Hoorah for the Scandawegains!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic dress - love the colours. Boots are great!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Purple, faux Edwardian, maxi length and dotty - all my favourite things and it fits you beautifully.
    You're right, Scandinavian styling and fabrics from the old days are just stunning. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all your comments about the dress and Archie. I found the perfect black floppy brimmed hat to go with the dress today from Tesco of all places! However, on the way back two of Archie's rubber exhaust straps broke, so we won't be motoring until they're fixed. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress is fabulous you found, and looks incredible on you. I'm off now to check out your mouse post :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi - I've sorted some patterns for you although i suspect they won't be stylish enough - you may some gorgeous things. They will make you smile though I think. Just drop me your address by e-mailing me (E-m link on my blog) and I'll pop them in the post.
    Fabulous dress by the way...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love purple - that looks great on you. And poor old Archie does make a great prop, drivable or not!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Ticking, I've just emailed you!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hiya, thank you for the comment on my blog. I wonder if you bought that dress from the stall next to mine at Stroud?? I was there! I have to admit to enjoying a jaunt around town & leaving MR W on the stand for a while, so may have missed seeing you. Lizzie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a shame we didn't get to say Hello. Will try to do so next time we are there. Did you go round to the rag market in the Shambles? it was fab... Lizzie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have just realised I'd bookmarked this site. I have a VW Beetle 1972 vintage! Love your Morris Minor, I used to have a pick up truck and it went miles with me and my son in it with bikes in the back.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Campfire and thanks for following my blog :-) Old school Beetles have a big place in my heart too, as my first car was a '72 bug and shortly afterwards I became hooked into the VW scene. I've had a few more Beetles since and a split screen camper, although that was in the late 80s when the prices were still low. IMO, they're Beetles are great cars and you can't beat that lovely air cooled engine sound.

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the shades of purple in your outfit! so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That dress makes quite a statement! Love the color purple. =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your maxi purple dress !!!
    You look gorgeous :)

    xoxo
    Caithlin and Eva

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog; I do enjoy reading each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...