Tuesday, 3 May 2011

April's Monthly Make

I didn't get round to making much in April that I could contribute towards the Monthly Make Challenge mainly due to Monkeychild having a three week half term, which left me with not much spare time to get crafty. However, I did do a few quick projects such as running up a curtain for our bathroom cupboard and matching cushion out of some Amy Butler fabric and lilac pom-pom trim:

  

I also used one of my favourite skirt patterns to make this out of an amazing retro tattoo fabric which I trimmed with red bias binding:


And so that Monkeychild didn't feel left out, I made a little flower brooch for her:


This month, I'm going to make a maxi skirt using one of the vintage patterns that I recently brought; I've already earmarked some black crepe for it so it should be nice and light to wear as a summer skirt. As for knitting, I've just cast on for a short-sleeved shrug which I'm using a purple cotton yarn for. I'm not too keen knitting with cotton though as it can be a bit splitty, but hopefully it'll turn out okay and won't take as long as my bolero!

11 comments :

  1. Great makes despite you being a busy mummy!
    That skirt is divine, love the Alexander Henry style fabric. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you are in a maxi skirt mood lately, aren't you? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, I'd be amazed if I managed to complete just one of those projects. The cushion is gorgeous, but I really really love the skirt. Fantastic fabric - bet it looks great on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of your makes
    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fabric you have used for the curtain and cushion, gorgeous.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, lovely, lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fabric for the door and cushion is so lovely....the colours, the pattern, everything. Wouldn't it make a gorgeous tea dress?

    K xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I love that skirt.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. bathroom wallpaper with a flamingo design.. sounds wonderful! Lizzie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow awesome skirt, love the fabric! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog; I do enjoy reading each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...