Thursday, 28 April 2011

A Vintage Knit

At last, I've finally finished albeit somewhat partially, the moss stitch bolero I blogged about a couple of months ago.

When I started the project, I managed to acheive the right tension according to the pattern by using 4mm needles and a dk weight yarn. However, something went wrong during the knitting as although the garment measured the correct height according to the schematic, it was out by about an inch and half in width. So I decided to leave off the ribbed border as otherwise the final bolero would have been too baggy on me. Apart from that, I'm pleased how its turned out,  but in future will avoid attempting anything with so much moss stitch like the plague.




I now need to kick-start my knitting mojo as completing this has been more like a chore than a labour of love!

11 comments :

  1. It looks very pretty - I havent started mine yet, I just cannot get motivated on anything at the moment!
    Julie xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turned out great - well done hun! Im not even brave enough to pick up some knitting needles yet :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fab - well done1 I'm not a knitter at all really, but have just started a scarf with Katia Ondas wool - ruffle effect - just about to post about it. Abby x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wondered how you were getting on with that. It's turned out beautifully, worn to perfection. Well done. I think you should try one in a bright colour next. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fabulous and was well worth all the work. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's lovely, but I can imagine knitting all that black would be a pain as well. Looks great on, and with that brooch in the first pic x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hurrah! I remember how you were bitching about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it looks fab too. Well done for keeping at it.. I would never have even started! Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh its cute! I'm getting back into the knitting, nearly finished a scarf for my friend, hopefully it'll be done tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog; I do enjoy reading each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...