Monday, 21 March 2011

Our Favourite British Pastime...


It was jumble sale time again at our local village hall on Saturday and even though I arrived half an hour before kick-off expecting to get pole position at the front of the queue, I was beaten to it as there were a dozen or so other jumblers ahead of me.

I've had a few great clothing bargains from these jumbles over the years so anticipation was high! However, on entering it was obvious from the lack of heaped up clothes that donations, especially clothing, were quite thin on the ground (or should I write trestle tables?!) I had a quick scan through, but I couldn't spy anything much except for this Harrods corduroy waistcoat brought for 20p (I love wearing  a nice waistcoat, especially men's ones).


I then nipped across to the linen stall and found this lovely tablecloth...



...and onto the book stall where I brought a couple of Ladybird books and another Enid Bylton Dean's Library book to add to Monkeychild's collection; I also found a vintage Be-Ro cookery book for mine.

And Finally, Blog Awards Thanks...

Thank you to Loo at Jumbles and Pompoms for awarding  me the Liebster Blog Award -  an award especially for bloggers with less than 300 followers. Cheers, Loo!


I'm going to pass this blog award onto some fellow small-scale bloggers, whose blogs I always enjoy following and I'm happy to promote as more people need to know about them so that they too can enjoy a blogging good read. So, in no particular order are...

Serge and Tweed

Miss Magpie Musings

This and That

Eclectic Ephemera

My Life of Domestic Bliss

Nicole Needles

Foof and Faff

...go check them out - you know it makes sense!

18 comments :

  1. congrats on the much deserved award. Ive been on the look out for jumble sales near me but there never seems to be any - i desperate for a good table top rummage lol. Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I too like a good jumble sale! You did well and brought back some lovely things.
    Isabelle x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations for the award. I haven't seen a jumble sale in years, the last one I found had been raided by dealers before the doors had been opened! Never mind.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the award, and thanks for passing it on to me!

    I'm loving that waistcoat (20 pence?! Aarrgh!!) but isn't it enough that you ladies can knit most of your own vintage-inspired wardrobe without also snaffling what little menswear there is about...? ;-P

    Seriously though, I haven't been to a jumble sale for ages either - perhaps it's about time I did again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the award.
    Last time I went to a jumble sale I was knocked flying by a little old lady who sped past me just to get to the front of the queue!
    Julie xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice finds, even if there weren't many donations. I love a good jumble, but there haven't been any advertised here for several weeks now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sweet friend,
    Congrats on the award and for passing it on to me! I means alot coming from the UK beacause, as you know, I love anything British! We may be small but, you have to start somewhere!

    Love the vest (waistcoat). I went to am auction this weekend and bought the cutest sewing chest. I will be posting on it soon.

    Have a wonderful day and thank you again!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi VK, didn't you do well! Love the table cloth. I'm suffering from jumble sale withdrawal, haven't been to one in some weeks. boo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 20 pence! That is an AWESOME bargain!!!! Congrats on the award too - much deserved :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can't beat a waistcoat and one with a posh label is way better than a trestle table piled high with mundane Primarni tat.
    We've been spoilt for choice with jumble's lately, a sign of the recession I expect. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the award! And lucky you to have ANY jumble sales, I don't seem to be able to find any either, slim pickings or not. You found some great things, regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some great finds there, love your waistcoat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG OMG OMG!!! Thank you so much I am blushing, what an honour, and I am sending you lots of good thoughts in return.

    And "Félicitations" to YOU for getting this award too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the waistcoat! Thanks sooo much for the award! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh another menswear person! I have jumpers, waistcoats, shirts and jackets. Glad I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank u for your blog comment. Yes, those are certainly lucky finds for me.. although you didn't do too badly at the jumble sale!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely finds! You can't beat a good old jumble!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry I've not been checking in on your posts of late, under the cosh at work of late but all good. Congratulations on the 'blog award' that's nice, and talking of nice - that waistcoat.
    Wishing you a good weekend

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog; I do enjoy reading each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...