Wednesday, 20 October 2010

Shoes, Glorious Shoes!

I love shoes and if they're vintage that's even better. One of my favourite pairs is the suede ones below that date from the 1930s. I brought them for a tenner back in the 80s and have carefully worn them ever since (avoiding rainy days though). However, when I last wore them earlier this year to the Forties Family Festival at Bletchley Park the suede tore on one of the straps and is sadly un-mendable (is that a word?!).



So, there I was browsing on the net when I came across this amazing American site called Remix Vintage Shoes. They sell reproduction vintage-style shoes and I'm sold on these styles:




I think that the above website will find its way onto Santa's list for this Christmas!

6 comments :

  1. What fabulous shoes! I'm sorely tempted with the top pair, just the right degree of bling.
    Are you sure the top ones are unrepairable? Have you got a family-run cobblers nearby? Ours is a wizz at repairing some of the wrecks I take in.
    xxx
    PS Good luck jumbling., I'm sending you lucky vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link....the flat black are just up my line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shoes I had an original pair of 30's years ago I wish I had kept them :) thanks for the link
    Cate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your shoes - that style is my favourite!
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I do love shoes & the styles you have shown here are gorgeous!
    I have been looking for a nice pair of brogues & found a wonderful pair today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Remix shoes. I can never make up my mind which pair to have! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog; I do enjoy reading each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...