Tuesday, 28 September 2010

A Woolly Wedding

Apart from the occaisional mention of a pattern picked up at a charity shop, I haven't mentioned knitting much at all in my blog recently, but that doesn't mean that the needles have been resting. Quite the opposite, as those needles have been clicking away over the past few weeks to produce both a wedding present and a shrug for Monkeychild to wear on the day.

For my friends' wedding present I brought them an Emma Bridgewater teapot with hearts scattered all over it and to make it a bit more personal, I knitted them a tea cosy to match. This wasn't as easy as it sounds as the original pattern I was going to use was too small, so I discarded it and went free-form and I'm really pleased with the result.


Our friends were married on Saturday and everyone had a wonderful day; even the weather was amazingly sunny and warm, which meant that we could all take some super photos.

The Happy Couple
Monkeychild wearing her knitted shrug


I couldn't resist taking this photo of the sun-lit carving on the church lych gate
 ****
Changing the subject to my recent finds, I haven't brought much over the past week or so, apart from a very jolly vintage St. Michael pinny, which now washed and starched will be used when cooking for friends for that 'hostess with the mostess' look:


... and I also brought a Grindley Peach Petal jug and matching bowl:

The bowl is filled with purple skinned potatoes from our allotment


7 comments :

  1. That's a lovely gift - the tea cosy is gorgeous!

    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pressie, I love Emma Bridgewater, and the tea cosy just adds that special something. Loved the vintage pinnie, my Gran had one like that in the 70s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous pressie, you are talented and generous.
    How gorgeous do you lot look, too?
    The weather looks like one of those perfect autumnal days, I bet the bride was thrilled.
    The pinny is glorious! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can knit lovely holes :) yours looks so neat
    lovely pinny

    Cate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your vintage pinny, very jealous of that find! Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely adore the tea cosy - beautiful colours - and I'm in love with your apron.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you line your tea cosy? I have a pattern for one but it seems a bit too thin to really take on the job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog; I do enjoy reading each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...