Thursday, 3 June 2010

A Trip Back in Time to the 1940s


On Monday we went to Bletchley Park in Buckinghamshire, home of the British Government's top secret Cipher (spy) School in the Second World War, as it was where the annual Forties Family Festival was being held. This gave me the excellent opportunity to get my best 1940s vintage clothes, shoes and handbag out for an airing. However, sleeping with my hair in pincurls and rollers the night before was a bit of an effort, but at least it did help me to create the perfect hairdo.


I wish I could say that the car was mine.....

6 comments :

  1. Very pretty. You look just like a wartime bride. Love your blog - I've got the knitting bug, too. Visit me if you have the time. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your lovely comments Lisa. I'll definitely make time to visit your blog - thanks for visiting mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like such a great day, right up our street! You look great in the photo, did you take anymore?
    Mx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we took a few although my husband didn't dress up like my daughter and myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great. We go to a few of these do's at the steam railways and I just cannot do the hair...
    Hen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hen, thanks for Following me :-) I hope you enjoy the blog.

    The hair was a bit of a pain (literally) to do. I brought some setting lotion and sponge culers and curled most of my hair, but the bits around my face I pin curled instead. I slept in them all and can tell you that I didn't get much sleep that night! But it was worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog; I do enjoy reading each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...