Wednesday, 2 June 2010

Car Booty!


I went to my first car boot sale of 2010 at the weekend and came away with a great stash of goodies. Firstly, I brought this sewing box, which I'm especially pleased with as I've been looking out for one for ages. Then I came across a nursery rhyme bowl that I couldn't resist and four Broadhurst sandwich plates designed by Kathie Winkle. I can remember Kathie's designs from my childhood, so its a nice nostalgic touch to have them in the cupboard.

 

What really got me excited though was a super stash of unused dress fabric that still have the original 'Gordon Thoday' label sewn onto them. I can remember Thoday's as being a haberdashery shop that sold everything you could ever want. You could even sit up at the pattern bar and look through all the 'Vogue', 'Butterick' and 'McCalls' pattern books.


 My last find on the day was a 1939 edition of 'The Girls Own Annual'. I've never come across these books before, but now I'm hooked! Its quite a hefty tome and has become my current bedtime reading. I'll definitely be on the look out for other copies now.

 

3 comments :

  1. Lovely finds....especially the fabrics!

    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jayne, I think I struck lucky there. Probably next time I'll come away with nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, such jealousy! The vintage winceyette is to die for!
    Hen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog; I do enjoy reading each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...