Sunday, 2 May 2010

Stitchcraft Cache

I called into my local charity bookshop yesterday afternoon to have my usual weekend rifle through their knitting patterns and was chuffed to find these three copies of Stitchcraft magazine. Although some of the patterns in these Stitchcraft issues didn't appeal to me in, this chic swagger jacket certainly did. It is so typical of 1950s fashions and I love the  styling and pose in photograph.



Its certainly tempting to knit it up for Winter 2010, but I don't think that it'll look as good on me as it does on the model.

2 comments :

  1. I just found your blog and as I love knitting I decided to follow it - I hope you visit mine and follow too! I have only a few posts on knitting but I will keep any new projects posted. I am on Ravelry too. Will post the link on my blog when I get to figure out how!
    Love the swagger jacket too and I have lots of old patterns from when my kids were small - now I have a granddaughter I have a new knitting excuse. Currently knitting a cricket vest for my son, cables and stripes.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following me Catherine and look me up on Ravelry too - I'm Knit1monkey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog; I do enjoy reading each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...