Wednesday, 26 May 2010

Marvellous May


The garden is now looking very green and leafy, with the purple allium globes heralding in the summer.

All my favourite plants are now in their finery or will soon be; the lanes near us are fringed in frothy cow parsley and every time I pass the lilac bush I have to have to have a deep breath of its beautiful scent.

The garden greenery is provided by clumps of male and harts-tongue ferns, interspersed with angelica. All the roses are in bud and I can't wait to see them unfurl. I don't think that a garden can have too many roses.


I love May and this hot weather we've been having has been an added bonus, even our weathered, venerable gnome looks happy.




No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog; I do enjoy reading each one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...